posted: May 02, 2018.
If you’re looking for a way to incorporate exercise into your busy schedule, why not start taking the stairs?
According to Dr. Lanny Lipson,
“This is an easy and effective way to work exercise into you day with little extra effort and no expense:
1. It’s Convenient: you don’t need to join a gym, buy expensive equipment. It’s indoor activity so you don’t have to deal with summer’s heat or winter’s cold.
2. You can burn more calories than you would jogging or cycling at a moderate pace for the same amount of time.
3. It’s Heart Healthy: a team of British researchers estimates that climbing stairs for seven minutes daily could reduce your risk of heart disease by about 60 percent.
4. It can be done almost anywhere, at work and at home (especially if you live in a high-rise building).
5. It’s low-impact: the pressure from stair climbing is said to be the equivalent of twice your body weight compared to three to four times the impact with running.”
Why not try this for a month, then let us know what you think?